Traditional weekends’ morning in russian families often starts from tempting aroma of frying thick pancakes. That makes sleepy children coming out from their beds directly to the kitchen. The same happens with the tourists, who join Samovartours team for hiking. They are coming out from their tents to a campfire to have fresh morning coffee with delicous russian desert.
cooking time – 20 mins. breakfast. 3 portions.
- 1 egg
- 200 gr. of flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 200 gr of yoghhurt or any thik soured milk product
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- handful of reisins
- some vanilla
- sunflower oil
- Crack an egg to the bowl
- Add salt and sugar in it and mix it
- Pour youghurt into the bowl and mix again
- Slowly mix in the flour to get the thikness of porridge
- With the last spoon of flour add baking powder and vanilla.
- If you’d like reisin – put it to a hot water for 3 minutes, than let them dry before mixing it to the dough.
- Fry 5-6 pancakes on the pan at a time on middle fire with adding some oil each time.
Do not forget to share it! And if you end up with the last pancake on the plate and everybody is hesitating to have the last one – just turn of the light!